This should be your first step: NYC Housing Connect
For in-person assistance finding housing, please visit a Single-Stop location.
- Dept. of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD), Municipal
- NYC Housing Development Corporation (HDC), Municipal
[LOW INCOME, MIDDLE INCOME, CO-OPs]
Additional City-financed apartments. Includes many from HPD.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Federal
Affordable apartments, in any state in the US.
- Disability.gov Housing Assistance Links, Federal
Find supportive housing, vouchers, public housing options, and more, for persons with disabilities.
- Division of Homes and Community Renewal (DHCR), State
State-financed housing projects with open waiting lists, throughout the whole State.
- Department for the Aging (DFTA), City
Housing for senior citizens.
- NY Housing Search, State
Housing throughout all of New York State.
- NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA), Municipal
Guía sobre vivienda pública
City housing projects
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB), Municipal
Buy an apartment in a co-op, or a Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC).
INSPIRE OUTREACH – STREET SHEETS, Non-ProfitShelters, Eviction Prevention, Housing Counseling, Drop in Centers and SRO Resource Booklet
http://www.iahh.org/files/pdf/streetsheets/shelter.pdf (you need Adobe Reader to view)
- Housing Resources in NYC for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Youth, Non-Profit
See page 29. Updated 2010.
- Actors Fund, Non-Profit + Municipal
Manages housing for artists, and has a bulletin board for artists to advertise/find housing.
- Community Access, Non-Profit
Apply online for studios and 2-Bedrooms throughout the City. Waiting list maintained for 6 months in the event of future openings. Also maintains transitional and supportive housing which you can be referred to by your current housing or shelter. Minimum income is $1,000/month, unless you have a Section 8 voucher. The below link may redirect you to a page about the Bronx, but it is for the whole city.
- Center for Independence of the Disabled, New York (CIDNY), Non-Profit
Listing of senior housing developments all over the city.