Funders and Donors:
The Cooper Square Committee greatly appreciates the financial support of the following public agencies, private foundations and elected officials, many of whom have been long-standing supporters of our housing and social service programs:
- NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation and Development
- NYC Dept. of Youth and Community Development
- NYC Dept. for the Aging
- NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- NYS Governors Office of Storm Recovery
- New York Community Trust
- New York Foundation
- Mertz Foundation
- Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development
- Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association
- NYU Community Fund
- M&T Bank Foundation
- Apple Savings Bank
- Member item support from NYS Assemblypersons Deborah Glick and Brian Kavanagh
- Member item and capital budget support from NYC Councilperson Rosie Mendez
- Member item support from NYC Councilperson Margaret Chin
- and many individual donors
We would like to express our gratitude to our members who individual donors who support our work. Many of our contributions come from low and moderate income individuals who give us checks of $10, $25 and $50.
We increasingly rely on individual donor support from our members. We have over 600 members. We have three types of membership:
- Individuals: Persons who live in the Cooper Square area can become a member for an annual fee of as little as $1 if they are low income. Our service area consists of the area between 14th Street and Delancey Street, 3rd Avenue/the Bowery and the East River.
- Supporters: Non-residents can become supporters and place themselves on our mailing list for $5 per year.
- Businesses: Businesses located in our catchment area can join for a $10 annual membership fee.
Residents and businesses located in our geographic service area are eligible to become members. You may do so by coming to our office or you can print out our membership form and mail it in with your membership fee.