Please note as of March 16, 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the office is closed and all CSC staff is working remotely. For assistance, leave a message at (212) 228-8210 or fill out the form below to send an email to our general inbox. Someone will be in touch with you within 2 business days.
61 East 4th Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10003
Our office is between Bowery and 2nd Avenue. The closest subway station is the 2nd Avenue F station.
E-mail: csc @ coopersquare.org
Telephone: (212) 228-8210
Fax: (646) 602-2260
Looking for the Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association (CSMHA), which manages low-income housing co-ops on E 3 and 4th Sts?
Go to their website here.
Please read this whole page before contacting or visiting us.
For individual staff contact information, click here.
- We are open to the public:
- Mon: 11am-7pm
- Tuesday: 11am-7pm**We close for a staff meeting from 3-4:30pm, and then prepare for the weekly Met Council clinic afterwards. If you plan on walking in on a Tuesday, we suggest you come only before 2pm.
- Weds-Thurs: 11am-7pm
- Friday: 11am-2pm
If you are in our area, and need information about a tenant/landlord issue, we can help! We strongly recommend that you make an appointment for consultation. Do so by contacting our Intake Coordinator or filling out the below form. Walk-in service is subject to availability. The staffperson to whom your case is assigned to is up to the Intake Coordinator’s discretion.
You only need to contact us through one medium; i.e. if you call, do not email; if you fill out the form, do not call. We check all of our inboxes and voicemails daily, but please understand we speak with hundreds of tenants every month so it can sometimes take a few days for us to get back to you as we decide the best course of action for your case. We thank you for your cooperation.
If you are facing an emergency, call 311 or 911.
- We only serve clients in our catchment area, which is from 14th to Delancey Streets, and Bowery to the East River. If you live outside of this area, click here to find a similar organization in your area (updated 1/2020), or consult the Metropolitan Council on Housing, which has a weekly clinic and 3x/week hotline. You may recognize one of these orgs:
Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development | Banana Kelly Community Improvement Association | Chhaya CDC | Churches United for Fair Housing | Community Action for Safe Apartments | Crown Heights Tenant Union | Fifth Ave Committee | Flatbush Tenant Coalition | Good Old Lower East Side | IMPACCT Brooklyn | JustFix.Nyc | Mirabal Sisters Cultural & Community Center | Neighbors Helping Neighbors | Picture the Homeless | Right to the City Alliance | St. Nicks Alliance | Tenants & Neighbors | Woodside on the Move
- Hablamos español. Puede escribirnos o llamarnos y será atendido en su lengua.
- If you are trying to reach the Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association (“the MHA”), and/or have questions about their co-op lottery from April 2014, go to their website here. We (the Cooper Square Committee) do not own or manage any buildings.
- If you are researching Community Land Trusts (CLT’s) complete the below form, and put CLT Inquiry in the Subject box.
If you are looking for Affordable Housing, please see the link under the Resources menu up top. These links are all we provide in terms of finding housing. CSC doesn’t own or manage any housing. Everything we know of as an organization, we put at that link. Unless otherwise stated, we have no connections to these organizations and our staff does not have the capacity to offer any further assistance. (We have our hands full helping people stay in the housing they have.) For offline help in finding housing, we recommend you contact a Single Stop, such as the one at Grand Street Settlement, 80 Pitt Street, New York, NY 10002, Monday-Friday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM, 212-674-1740. Catholic Charities can also assist people in finding housing.
We (the Cooper Square Committee) do not own or manage any housing.
- If you have an active court case and are certain you need a lawyer’s representation, click here.
- We do not provide computer access to the public. Free computer access is available at the Ottendorfer NYPL branch at 135 2nd Ave.
- We do not provide help with rent arrears. If you need money to pay back rent, call the Housing Court Answers hotline at 212-962-4795 M-Th; they will refer you to resources.
- Fill out the below form to send a message to our general inbox. Someone will respond to you within 3 business days.
water soluble fertilizers