Funders and Donors (2010-20111):
We would like to express our gratitude to one of our members who made an anonymous donation of $15,000 in April, 2011 to support our housing programs this year. In light of the fact that we have experienced over $35,000 in City and State budget cuts this year (so far), this unexpected donation was an incredible act of generosity, and one that has helped us avert any layoffs to date this year. If you, or anyone you know, is able to provide our organization with a donation of $250 or more to support our work, we would be happy to recognize your generosity on our website by publishing a profile about you and your reason for supporting our tenant education, anti-eviction, homelessness prevention and community development work.
The Cooper Square Committee greatly appreciates the financial support of the following public agencies, private foundations and elected officials, many of whom have been long-standing supporters of our housing and social service programs:
- NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation and Development
- NYC Dept. of Youth and Community Development
- NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- New York Community Trust
- Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association
- NYU Community Fund
- Emigrant Savings Bank
- Member item support from NYS Senators Daniel Squadron and Tom Duane
- Member item support from NYS Assemblypersons Deborah Glick and Brian Kavanagh
- Member item and capital budget support from NYC Councilperson Rosie Mendez
- Member item support from NYC Councilperson Margaret Chin
- and many individual donors
We increasingly rely on individual donor support from our members. We have over 600 members. We have three types of membership:
- Individuals: Persons who live in the Cooper Square area can become a member for an annual fee of as little as $1 if they are low income. Our service area consists of the area between 14th Street and Delancey Street, 3rd Avenue/the Bowery and the East River.
- Supporters: Non-residents can become supporters and place themselves on our mailing list for $5 per year.
- Businesses: Businesses located in our catchment area can join for a $10 annual membership fee.
Residents and businesses located in our geographic service area are eligible to become members. You may do so by coming to our office or you can print out our membership form and mail it in with your membership fee.