61 East 4th Street, (betw. Bowery and 2nd Avenue)
New York, NY 10003
Telephone: (212) 228-8210
Fax: (646) 602-2260
Please read this whole page before contacting or visiting us.
For individual staff contact information, click here.
- We are open to the public:
- Mon-Weds: 10am-6pm
- Thursday: 10am-6pm**We close for a staff meeting from 4-5:30pm. If you plan on walking in on a Thursday, we suggest you come only before 3pm.
- Friday: 10am-1pm
- Closed Independence Day (Thurs July 4, 2013)
If you are in our area, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment for consultation. Do so by calling or filling out the below form. Walk-in service is subject to availability. The staffperson to whom your case is assigned to is up to the staff’s discretion.
- We only serve clients in our catchment area, which is from 14th to Delancey Streets, and Bowery to the East River. If you live outside of this area, click here to find a similar organization in your area, or consult the Metropolitan Council on Housing, which has a weekly clinic and 3x/week hotline.
- Hablamos español. Puede escribirnos o llamarnos y será atendido en su lengua.
- If you are trying to reach the Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association (MHA), their address is 59-61 E 4th St, 3rd floor, NY, NY 10003, and their phone number is (212) 477-5340.
- If you are researching Community Land Trusts (CLT’s), contact Val Orselli at the MHA.
- If you are looking for Affordable Housing, please see the link under the Resources menu up top. That is everything we know about.
- We do not provide help with rent arrears. If you need money to pay back rent, call the Housing Court Answers hotline at 212-962-4795 M-Th; they will refer you to resources.
- Fill out the below form to send a message to our general inbox. Someone will respond to you within 3 business days.