61 East 4th Street, (betw. Bowery and 2nd Avenue)
New York, NY 10003
E-mail: csc @ coopersquare.org
Telephone: (212) 228-8210
Fax: (646) 602-2260
Please read this whole page before contacting or visiting us.
For individual staff contact information, click here.
- We are open to the public:
- Mon-Weds: 10am-6pm
- Thursday: 10am-6pm**We close for a staff meeting from 4-5:30pm. If you plan on walking in on a Thursday, we suggest you come only before 3pm.
- Friday: 10am-1pm
If you are in our area, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment for consultation. Do so by calling or filling out the below form. Walk-in service is subject to availability. The staffperson to whom your case is assigned to is up to the staff’s discretion.
- We only serve clients in our catchment area, which is from 14th to Delancey Streets, and Bowery to the East River. If you live outside of this area, click here to find a similar organization in your area, or consult the Metropolitan Council on Housing, which has a weekly clinic and 3x/week hotline.
- Hablamos español. Puede escribirnos o llamarnos y será atendido en su lengua.
- If you are trying to reach the Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association (“the MHA”), their address is 59-61 E 4th St, 3rd floor, NY, NY 10003, phone: (212) 477-5340, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. They are the management company for many residential buildings and storefronts on East 3rd and 4th Streets. Find info on their April 2014 openings here. We (the Cooper Square Committee) do not own or manage any buildings.
- If you are researching Community Land Trusts (CLT’s), contact Val Orselli at the MHA, above.
- If you are looking for Affordable Housing, please see the link under the Resources menu up top. That is everything we know about.
- If you have an active court case and are certain you need a lawyer’s representation, click here.
- We do not provide computer access to the public. Free computer access is available at the Ottendorfer NYPL branch at 135 2nd Ave.
- We do not provide help with rent arrears. If you need money to pay back rent, call the Housing Court Answers hotline at 212-962-4795 M-Th; they will refer you to resources.
- Fill out the below form to send a message to our general inbox. Someone will respond to you within 3 business days.