This should be your first step: NYC Housing Connect
- Dept. of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD), Municipal
- NYC Housing Development Corporation (HDC), Municipal
[LOW INCOME, MIDDLE INCOME, CO-OPs]
Additional City-financed apartments. Includes many from HPD.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Federal
Affordable apartments, in any state in the US.
- Disability.gov Housing Assistance Links, Federal
Find supportive housing, vouchers, public housing options, and more, for persons with disabilities.
- Division of Homes and Community Renewal (DHCR), State
State-financed housing projects with open waiting lists, throughout the whole State.
- Department for the Aging (DFTA), City
Housing for senior citizens.
- NY Housing Search, State
Housing throughout all of New York State.
- NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA), Municipal
Guía sobre vivienda pública
City housing projects
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB), Municipal
Buy an apartment in a co-op, or a Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC).
INSPIRE OUTREACH – STREET SHEETS, Non-ProfitShelters, Eviction Prevention, Housing Counseling, Drop in Centers and SRO Resource Booklet
http://www.iahh.org/files/pdf/streetsheets/shelter.pdf (you need Adobe Reader to view)
- Housing Resources in NYC for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Youth, Non-Profit
See page 29. Updated 2010.
- Actors Fund, Non-Profit + Municipal
Manages housing for artists, and has a bulletin board for artists to advertise/find housing.
- Community Access, Non-Profit
Apply online for studios and 2-Bedrooms throughout the City. Waiting list maintained for 6 months in the event of future openings. Also maintains transitional and supportive housing which you can be referred to by your current housing or shelter. Minimum income is $1,000/month, unless you have a Section 8 voucher. The below link may redirect you to a page about the Bronx, but it is for the whole city. We have a relationship with Community Access and we can follow up on your application, if you email us and tell us you’re applying with them. (make sure that for “How did you hear about our apartments?” , you reference the Cooper Square Committee)
- Center for Independence of the Disabled, New York (CIDNY), Non-Profit
Listing of senior housing developments all over the city.